A Father's Wish for his Children







Remembering my dad and my husband, I feel like I can relate to some of the feelings a dad has regarding his children, and I would like to put it into words for you.  If I am wrong, you can let me know by leaving me a comment telling me I am way off track. I welcome a Man’s point of view on why I have no idea of what I am talking about. However, I daresay you will tell me that some of my comments are on target.
       If I were to give this piece a title it would be, “A Father’s Wish for His Children.”



“MY Child, I wish for you unconditional and unending love, a caring heart and an open mind.  I don’t have all the answers to life’s questions but with determination we can go after the answers together, make it work, and do it the right way.
I wish you Faith: To put God first in your life, man second and self, last.  However, trust in yourself, trust in your abilities to do the job and hold your head high when at first you do not succeed.
I wish you Joy: a sense of humor and pride in what you do. The ability to easily forgive and the comfort of inner peace.
 I wish for you a gentle nature.  To touch, to feel, to experience goodness, honesty, integrity and loyalty throughout your life.  In doing these things, you can carry your name with pride wherever you may go. 
Finally, I wish you fulfillment: enough time to do what you enjoy, someone to share the good times with as well as the bad, the ability to recognize when something isn’t working, and the courage to change.”
With all my love,
Dad.
 ***          

Comments

Popular Posts