My Buddy, My Hero



                            



 If you are working toward a goal in your life but are afraid that your efforts may not measure up, take a long hard look at someone with a physical handicap. See what they are faced with every single day, yet they do not give up. They just become a little more determined. Yes, they get discouraged!  Yes, they cry. Yes, they fall down. But they will not stay down. They pick themselves up, dust off their britches, wipe away their tears, and try again...
                  I have a twelve-years of age "little buddy," and he is my hero.....


                    For my friend Myles

 Don't look on me with pity, with tears in your eyes ~
Look deeper than the braces -see where my heart lies.
Don't look at me with sorrow for things you think I miss~
I can still put my arms around you, give you a hug, or a kiss.

They say I’m not like other kids, Can’t play, can’t even run.
But please do not worry, I have my seasons in the sun.
I don't take for granted the blessings God gives to me,
So, please dry away your tears....I am happy and I am free,
  
I lift my voice to Jesus, stand up proud and tall~
I’m called to be a soldier answering God’s call.
So you see, I am no different, I am a shining star,
 I am an inspiration and richer than some, by far.  
Mary Frances King







Comments

  1. I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts