A Healing Jesus



Autumn brings me days of mixed feelings…There are days when my heart is heavy remembering family and friends that are no longer with me; and there are days when I am so happy preparing (in my mind) for the holidays coming up.
 Daydreaming is a wonderful pastime, but if our dreams are to become a reality, we must not stop at dreaming. We must set to work building brick by brick our joy for today and faith for tomorrow.
I have been working on a Christmas program for my church this year, and I have spent a lot of time thinking of the birth, life and death, of Jesus. How I would love to be able to see through my own eyes what it was really like back then when Jesus walked the roads and into the villages.
     Can you imagine what would happen today if Jesus came back to earth as a preacher, wandering through the villages, healing the sick, giving sight and ears to the blind and deaf, and raising the dead? What a stir of excitement Jesus must have caused during His time here on earth! How people must have flocked around Him, following Him around the countryside, amazed at His miraculous ways.
     Doubtless, He would have to preach the same message today as He did all those many years ago. For human nature probably has not changed that much. He would still have to combat with skepticism and prejudice people. “Be not afraid, only believe,” He said.   
What do you think would happen today if Jesus stopped a funeral along the road to the cemetery and brought back life to a dead child right before the eyes of the parents?
     One day, these things will fall upon the believer, bringing sight back to blind eyes, repairing  ears that are broken,  crushing cancer and other diseases, and the lame will walk again…
     Just imagine the love with which Christ would have in His eyes as he looked upon the multitude that approached Him with their sick, afflicted, and the dead –Imagine the love He must have shown them for trusting Him enough and having enough faith to bring their sick and lay them at the feet of Jesus!
     It is true that if Jesus should walk the roads and paths today there would be scoffers following him or breaking through the crowd just to see if this Man was real and looking for a chance to use Him as a source of entertainment.   
We, in this generation stand in need of great faith. Man cannot offer a cure for what our present sin sick world holds. Only the “Great Physician” can give us a healing peace in our land.
Mary King~

Comments

  1. Mary I just love you and really enjoy reading all that God puts on your heart to write, God uses you for a Blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Angel. I am so happy to know you find my posts to be uplifting...Prayers for you my dear friend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts