Norman~A Godly Man


Another family member went Home. Norman Ferrell, a Godly man, a family man, a friend to many. While thinking of Norman this morning and praying for the family, I thought of Norman's life. He was a quiet and gentle man. Slow to speak, but did so with so much understanding for the listener. 
He did nothing great in life, he was just great to know.
  """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
When I think of Norman, I see more than just an image of a wonderful man. I see the babies he held, the children who called him poppa, his grandchildren and other family children as well. He loved them all.
 
I remember a conversation he had with my husband several years ago...Just after Curtis had a leg amputation he went through some really bad days. Norman came to visit him weekly and very often reminded us that this life is only temporary and far better things are waiting for us in Heaven. He once said, "What will Heaven be like, I don't know, but I know what scripture says, and he quoted, "Eye hath not seen, ear hath not heard, Neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love Him." I had to look this up and I found it in 1 Corinthians 2:9. Just think, Norman is looking all over Heaven right now. What a greeting it must have been when he entered the gates. So many of our family was there to greet him...

Norman went on to say, "We just have to go on in life with what we have and know we will have things to endure, but God makes it worthwhile with what he has in store for us in Heaven."
Norman was the family "ROCK" he was the one to encourage us when we were discouraged, a friend when we felt friendless, a minister when we felt alone and forsaken.
He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and friend to all. I thank God for the opportunity He gave me to know and love, Norman Ferrell.
Walk with God,
Mary Frances King
'

Comments

Popular Posts