Forever With Us...

 Christmas is here. I know there are many of you who have lost a loved one this year and your heart is filled with pain...I know your pain. On December 17, 2000  I lost my dad, and Christmas has never been the same for me. My father loved Christmas. I try very hard to continue to keep joy in the day   but always, he is on my mind. I remember Christmases' past of how he would hunker down under the tree and check out the presents as if he was once again five-years old---He always counted the ones with his name on them. He  would shake them to see if they would rattle and mash on them trying to guess what it might be by the way it felt. I remember how he could not wait for the grandchildren to open the gifts he and mother had bought for them, because he wanted to see the look of joy on their little faces --- No, my dad never lost his love for Christmas. Even though it gives me pain, I do have bittersweet memories of him at Christmas; and when our family gets together there is always a favorite memory of him we share among us...We all have our own special one and telling them never gets old. We speak of him, shed a tear, but laugh a lot, as we fondly remember him with our love...

So, dry your tears my dear children, I firmly feel if our loved ones could speak to us, they would say, "Go on with Christmas,"  because even if they are not with us in body, they will forever be with us in our heart....That is the way I see it!!!

 I wrote the following poem with those of you in mind who have lost a loved one this year...  This Christmas will be the hardest because this is your first one without them...

        My dear loved ones;
 Fill your heart with Holiday Cheer,
 Continue shopping for loved ones this year.
 Dress up the house with candles and lights,
 Let them sparkles and shines through the holiday nights.
                                                          
 Even with all of the Holiday bliss,
 I know you are sad and I’m terribly missed.
 The closer it gets as Christmas draws near,
 More in your heart you wish I was here.
                                                          
   I am now living far above the stars,
   Beyond Jupiter, Pluto, and Mars.
   I am spending Christmas in Heaven you see
   
Where I am so happy and finally pain free.
                                                 
   When you all gather search your heart to find, 
    The bag full of memories I left behind. 
   Each one is unique and wrapped tenderly in love,
   Let them shine in your heart as I shine
 above."
   
   Walk with God;
 ~Mary Frances King~

Comments

Popular Posts