Remembering Josh...


My dearest young Friend,
When I look into the night sky filled with stars, I will pick one and know you sent it to me as a reminder that you were here and you liked me. You never thought I was too old to be your friend. When I feel the breeze on my cheeks, I will think of it as a gentle kiss sent to an old woman friend from a young and loving friend who wanted to brighten my day and lessen my heavy load.
Every time I pass the house you called your earthly home, I will remember the young boy who gave my invalid husband hours of entertainment as he went about his day of seeking joy and enjoying the world God gave him. You were not afraid to live.
For only a short time, I knew you; but you left a beautiful footprint stamped on the walls of my heart. Thank you, for coming into my life and for being the loving person you was. None of the lives of your friends will ever be the same since you left; however, you left a lasting impression on them all. One of sincerity and love for God, your family, and friends…As the saying goes, “You lived life and you did it your way…” 
Josh, my little buddy, I remember you fondly, and will miss you always;
With loving memory;
Miz. Mary…The name you gave me...

They describe grief as being a season. Death leaves a heartache that no matter how many seasons a mother lives through, she will never get over the raw pain in her heart for the loss of her child. As surely as raindrops fall from the sky, so do the tears fall from a mother’s eyes. And know this, every day a father lives, so does the hurt stay in his heart for the son, his pal he no longer has on this earth. The family circle is broken and cannot be repaired. But praise God, there is another circle being manufactured in Heaven right now, by a loving son who will be waiting for the arrival of the family he left behind. So do not be afraid to speak of Josh fondly to his parents…Tell them often how much you thought of him and listen lovingly while they speak to you about him, of his life, of his smile...


Dana said it well with the words of this poem. 

Hello, Old Friend, Oh, yes, you know
I lost my child a while ago.
No, no please Don’t look away
And change the subject, It’s ok.
You see, at first I couldn’t feel,
It took so long, but now it’s real.
I hurt so much inside you see
I need to talk, Come sit with me?
You see, I was numb for so very long,
And people said, “My, she is so strong.”
They did not know I couldn’t feel,
My broken heart made all unreal.
But then one day, as I awoke
I clutched my chest, began to choke,
Such a scream, such a wail,
Broke from me…
My child! My child!
The horror of reality.
But everyone has moved on, you see,
everyone except for me.
Now, when I need friends most of all,
Between us there now stands a wall.
My pain is more than they can bear,
When I mention my child, I see their blank stare.
“But I thought you were over it,”
Their eyes seem to say,
No, no, I can’t listen to this, not today.
So I smile and pretend, and say, “Oh, I’m ok”.
But inside I am crying, as I turn away.
And so my old friend, I shall paint on a smile,
As I have from the start,
You never knowing all the while,
All I’ve just said to you in my heart.

Written by Kelly Cummings


I have never lost a child and I cannot imagine the pain a parent must go through who has. I don't know what words to use to comfort those of you who have. I can only pray for a healing of the heart. 
To those of you who have lost a child in any way, natural death, suicide, accident, however you may have lost them, my heart hurts for you and this is my prayer for you...


Heavenly Father, 
For those who have lost a child let them go forth and face each new day with faith in You. 
Let them forever be reminded that you will carry them through. May they realize that having a heart that feels numb is Your way of easing them through the despair of their great pain. When they need a helping hand reach down with your precious nail-scarred hand and lift them up and remind them that You know their pain, You have counted every tear that has fallen; and there is nothing in this world that you cannot get them through...Amen.


When words fail us, there is always prayer..That is the way I see it!


Walk with God,
Mary Frances King


In loving memory of Josh Lawhorn                        
Son of Jeff and Dana Lawhorn

Comments

  1. You are so special Mary and I had to pull over and have a good cry. You touched our hearts and I love you so much dear friend. Dana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts