Seasons of my Life



I usually begin my morning by sitting at the computer, drinking my first cup of coffee while I am reading comments from my Facebook friends. Some of the posts start my day off just right. I always find something that makes me smile, something to boost my courage, something that reminds me of how blessed I really am, and something of a humorous nature that gives me, my first laugh of the day; it is nice to start the day off with a good laugh.
On Tuesday of last week, I read a comment that a young school girl  posted... She had written one sentence, “One more day of summer left.”  I could almost hear a sigh in her voice as I read that. I paused to digest what she had said…Yes, in a way, when the children go back to school summer is gone, for the most part.  
With the start of school, the pace of time increases. Laid-back summer days are gone. The busy lifestyle once again sets in. You can feel it in the air; time is getting ready to usher in the changes of another season. Fall is not too far off and winter is peeping around the corner.
That one short sentence from that young school girl got me to thinking of the seasons and how they apply to the human life.

In our spring season, we have the whole world on a string. There is sunlight and beauty surrounding us. Our days are full of joy. We cannot wait for the next new adventure to start. We are on a roller coaster and we do not want to slow down.

Summer season...The life we created in our spring is growing and blooming. Most of the time it is good.
 Yes, there are some ups-and-downs and we do have heartaches and disappointments, but we are young enough and strong enough to jump over the hurdles. The world may put us down but it will not keep us there.  


Then comes the fall season...Life slows down. We are surrounded by God's blessings and sitting in sunbeams. God’s fingers are touching us with His love. Fall brings golden years and be it good or bad, we reap what we sowed.

Suddenly, winter arrives and instead of the world-on-a-string approach; we look at the dust of time lying at our feet. We pour out any cup of bitterness that we may have gathered along the journey of life. We mourn over the thorns that pricked our fingers as we passed through the gardens of time; and we have finally gained the wisdom to know that this earth is no Eden and God is the answer to all things here below. We begin to realize;
           “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.”  Ecclesiastes 3:1-4.

My winter season is fast approaching.  I do not look back with many regrets because I have been blessed. I have come through three seasons without too many battle scars. Life has been good! If I should not see another sunrise, I have lived, loved, and been loved. The way I see it, who could ask for anything more.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Mary Frances King

Comments

Popular Posts