Just As I Am

Can I share my thoughts with you today? 

I sometimes stand speechless when I try to find the words to describe God’s marvelous love.  Speaking the mere words, “I love you” just doesn't seem to be enough.  I want to use expressive words, those worthy enough, beautiful enough, and exalting enough to describe how I truly feel about God’s undying love?  With my limited abilities and simple vocabulary, I just cannot compete with David and his beautiful poems in Psalm. I certainly do not have the wisdom of Solomon. However, I do know one thing…I do love the Lord with all my being.

 But, you know, I  really do not need big words to describe my love for God. There is a verse in the Bible that tells me He is not looking for impressive words.  He does not want them!  He likes me just as I am, the way He created me. He didn’t use any fancy trimmings when He put together this girl.  No, siree! He made me to be simple, honest and plain.  And that is how I need to come to Him, simply honest. Just as I am.
1John 3:18—My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and truth. 
It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself or others I love God,if I do not show love, then all my words are in vain.
 I wrote a poem a few years back.  It was during a bleak time in mine and my husband's life.  He had suffered  a great illness and was on the fifth floor of University of KY Medical Center.  Something happened one day that made me question my actions. It left me weak and my heart open. I failed to show my faith in a way that was pleasing to God. When I finally calmed down, I took a tablet and pen and put together these words in a poem.
             
                                    ~When God looks at Me~
                      When God looks down at me what does He see?
                      Does He see me as His loving child, or does He just see me?
                      Does he see me in His likeness, a product of His own hand, or
                      Does He see me as a wayward child often taking the wrong stand?

When God looks down on me what does He see in my heart?
Does He see me doing His work, always trying to do my part? 
Does He see me spreading hope and cheer, doing my very best,
Or does He see me as a hopeless child failing to pass the test?

When God looks down on me, what does He see in my life?
Do I represent Him well in helping others with their strife?
Does He see a sweet spirit, loving, gentle and kind,
Does He look for His reflection and only find me blind?


God wants us to come to Him with everything we have to give as long as it is complete honesty. Nothing else will do. That is the way I see it.


Have a wonderful day in the Lord.
 ~Mary Frances King~

Comments

Popular Posts