Day Is Done

Tomorrow is not promised us,
So let us take today
And make the very best of it
For only once we’ll pass this way.

Speak only kindly thought
Do only a kindly deed…
Try to see and understand
Your brother’s daily need.

No, tomorrow is not promised us,
Nor any other day,
So let’s all make the most of it
For only once we’ll pass this way…

Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments...Psalm 119:73

The sunset is one of God’s most magnificent wonders.  How awesome as we watch the changing colors sweep across the horizon. It is a special painting by God’s own handiwork and no two are the same. 
“Of old hast thou said the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the works of thy hands…?
~Psalm 103:25
    
What a glorious picture we see in the sunset. It signals that this day is giving way to another – as if it were a celestial changing of the guards. 
         Day is done…

     I am well into the fall of my life. Even if God spares me long enough to reach my winter season, I still have more life behind me than I do ahead.  We often fail to view the sunsets of our life in the same way we did our sunrises. But, endings can be just as beautiful as beginnings if we allow God to open our eyes to His understanding.  When we finally realize the miracle of the sunset, we will no longer cling to the sunrises of yesterday. Instead, we will look toward our final sunset and walk forward with confidence and hope into our eternal home of tomorrow…

However, while I am here today, please Lord, let me be the “Eyes of understanding.” Let me hold my tongue and put a damper on my actions...Then, when I leave this world for my eternal home, I will leave knowing I left behind no ill felling against anyone.  In order to do that, I must be daily reminded that tomorrow is no earthly promise to me and I will not pass this way again. That my friends, is the way I see it.
Best wishes for a beautiful sunset tomorrow,
Mary Frances King

Comments

Popular Posts