There is something about LATE SUMMER/EARLY FALL DAYS that makes a person come alive, the sounds are more intense, the colors more vivid, and the warm sunshine brings healing to the body and spirit.
On a warm windless day, when I am working in my yard, I can hear a church bell in the nearby town when it rings at the noon hour. Ever so faintly, it chimes. It reminds me of Sunday mornings in the past when every Church from miles around rang the bells calling everyone to get ready and come to God’s House. I miss the bells and I wish the day would come when Churches once again rang them on Sunday morning. However, I suppose that is only a dream because many of the churches have done away with the church bell. The older churches that still have one have neglected them for years and the newer buildings didn’t think it was necessary to install one. They are considered outdated.

The sunshine on a fall day feels like an arm of friendship wrapped around my shoulders, like a face of affection pressed to mine. All from my “more than friend,” He is my Father, and I can always feel the touch of His handclasp tightly holding mine.
So, I am ready for a new season of beauty to my countryside in the vast array of colors that come with autumn, or the pure white during a winter snowfall that calls for a long winter nap… and all these gifts are treasured love notes from God.
Mary Frances King~

Comments

Popular Posts