WILDFLOWERS



  




  Most of my family is well aware of my love for wildflowers. To me, there is nothing any more beautiful than a field full of daisies blowing in the breeze, or in the spring, a hillside covered with Red bud and Dogwood trees in full bloom. I love the sweet little wild violets that stand as tall as their dainty plant will allow them to stand and proudly show off their lacy blooms of purple and white.


The week before Easter, my grandson Justin came and worked in our “Memory Flower Garden” the one we have dedicated to Papa. He promised to come back when the weather gets warmer to finish the one we have started for Grandma Martha and Uncle Glen. However, the winter will not go away. We plan to put some wildflowers in this garden. Especially Morning glories because they were Grandma Martha’s favorite and she always had them climbing up the post of her porch…

 Just after my husband died my little dog and I was walking and I was pouring out my heart to Jesus. And He began showing me what a glorious scene He had created for me to be in with Him: the sun was shining on us, the birds were singing over us, and we were walking along a path that cut through a small valley near my home. The field was full of wildflowers. Different species and colors.


I felt impressed to stop and really look at all the wildflowers in front of me, to meditate on God’s creation and it was almost as if I could hear Jesus speaking to me:

“Do not worry about your life… Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don’t fuss with their appearance—but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? Solomon in all his glory looks shabby alongside them. If I give such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen by a living soul don’t you think I’ll care even more for you?”

There were so many colorful wildflowers!  And they were there because God wanted them there. No person had planted them. God sent breezes and birds to scatter seeds and he sent rain and sun and grew the flowers. Thousands of people drove by not far from this little valley every day but could not see the beautiful Flower garden God had planted. Still, He cared for it. Did He do it just for me? Did He know that one day I would pass by here heartbroken over the death of my husband and did He have it planned just for my eyes only?


Then God showed me a single daisy surrounded by thousands of other flowers. No one has ever laid eyes on that flower before –this wild flower did not stand out and it was not special. But I appreciated that flower! It was beautiful to me!  God only gave it to me as a special reminder of His love-and to let me know that He was taking care of me!

I often thank God for that walk in the valley and I remind myself to bloom where I am planted for God – even if no one else seems to notice. That’s okay. Because my Father in heaven notices me lovingly and  I can hold my head high and smile just like that little daisy was smiling in his sunshine!

Comments

Popular Posts