When Nothing Means Something



We are taught that “Nothing,” means nothing, and we think of the word as discouraging. But, that is not always the case. Let me give you a few “Nothings.”

·       Nothing will ever happen to you that God does not already know about…(Psalm 139:1-4)-
·       Nothing will ever happen to you that is a mistake. (Psalm 139: 4, 16)-
·       Nothing will ever happen to you that God’s power and grace will not help you handle.
(2nd Corinthians 12:9-10)-
·       Nothing will ever happen to you without God’s presence. (Matthew 28:20)-
·       Nothing will ever happen to you that will not be eventually used by God to give you some good purpose in life.(Romans 8:28)-
These “nothings” can bring us to a place of “something” such as, loving God more. The power that we get from God’s word can lift us out of the depths of defeat, discouragement, despair, and doubt. It can set our feet on a solid rock of strength, give us hope, joy, faith, and peace at heart and mind. Then, no matter what life brings our way, we can experience victory.

Philippians 4:8-9 -8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
I love the song --- Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace, coming down from the Father above,
Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight, Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial strains it unceasingly falls O’er my soul like an infinite calm.
Refrain
Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray in fathomless billows of love!
What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace, Buried deep in the heart of my soul,
So secure that no power can mine it away, While the years of eternity roll!
Refrain
I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace, Resting sweetly in Jesus’ control;
For I’m kept from all danger by night and by day, And His glory is flooding my soul!
Just reading the words of this beautiful old hymn gives me peace….
 ~Unknown.

Thank You. Lord, for your marvelous Peace.



Walk in Peace'
Mary Frances King~

Comments

Popular Posts