Way Back When





As I have gotten older, I realize that I cannot change how others think, and actually, it is not my place to even try to change their way of viewing things. Just because I don't always understand people and things in this world does not give me the right to judge them or try to change what they have become. Who knows, it just might be me that is wrong....(WOW! That hurt, but I said it)! It is true that I DO NOT like changes. I would be just as pleased as a "dog with a bone" if I could go back in time to how things and people, used to be. Way back to when a radio was the luxury in the family. Back to when we hiked to the grocery store in the village for a five pound bag of sugar for mama. Back to when the whole family met at grandma's house on Sunday for dinner and everyone was expected to be there. Back to summer evenings of sitting on the porch watching lightening bugs and listening to the crickets; and winter evenings of sitting around the stove listening to daddy tell his famous ghost stories...Back to the basics of life. Back to slow paced days and peaceful living. Back to the belief of helping your neighbor, and knowing brotherly love. Back to how it used to be when you was a kid and the most fun you had was swinging on the farm gate when papa was not looking...
Yeah! I miss those days, but they will not come back. So, we must move on. We can still love sitting on the front porch in the summer and even spin a few of our own "yarns" to our children. And most importantly, we can always share our Way Back When memories.








Comments

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts