Be Kind To Me





 For those of you that have a loved one, or has watched a loved one, or friend, slip away and become a helpless victim of the brain disease of Alzheimer or dementia, I dedicate this post to you and tell you I know your pain. I have walked in your shoes and the hot ashes have still not settled for me. I am still going through the pain. And will for a long time, I think.
      A friend of mine posted this recently. I share this with you and send my prayers your way whom ever you may be....




BE KIND TO ME~

Please be patient with me.
I am the helpless victim of a brain disease.

Talk to me.
Even though I cannot always answer.

Be kind to me.
Each day of my life is a desperate struggle.

Consider my feelings.
They are still very much alive within me.

Treat me with dignity and respect.
As I would have gladly treated you.

Remember my past.
For I was once a healthy vibrant person.

Remember my present.
For I am still living.

Remember my future.
Though it may seem bleak to you.

Pray for me.
For I am a person who lingers in the mists of time and eternity.

Love me.
And the gifts of love you give will be a blessing forever.....

~Anonymous


 I will never forget the day I found out that my mother  was in the early stages of dementia. I felt as if my world had come crashing down. The mother that has been the stronghold of our family could never have dementia. At the beginning, I  refused to believe this was happening simply because there were days when her mind was as sharp as it always had been and suddenly she drifted into a place where she would be so lost and afraid. It would break my heart when she would not know me...How could this be. How could my mother forget ME?

One of the hardest things I ever had to face in my life was to watch her slip away from us.

 My mother went Home on December 11, 2012. I miss her with all my heart, but I know she is finally free from the mind-stealer called dementia. Her Heavenly Father was waiting with a brand new body  when so arrived. The best part of all is, she will never have to worry about growing old again. The way I see it, in the end she became the winner.








Comments

Popular Posts