Never Alone




     
                
Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits –who forgives all your sins and heals your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like eagle’s.
 Psalm 103:2-4

Have you ever thought about all the demands we make of God…”God, do this, fix that, show me, and help me.” All of these demands usually stems from discouragement brought on by our daily living. In our discouragement, we often get stuck in tunnel vision. All we can see before us are the things that are wrong in our lives. We know we do not have the power to change these things…they are simply out of our hands.

Do you make plans for your life, ask God to bless them, then get discouraged because He doesn’t do what you want Him to do? We often must be reminded of the wonderful things God does for us every day of our lives. Read the list from Psalm 103: 2-4…Who forgives all our sins? It is God. You see, I can do a sinful deed and not one of my friends or family can erase one single thing I have done. Only God is able to do that. Who heals my diseases…My Doctor is only able to do so much, and then I must be placed in the hands of a loving, healing God. Who brings me out of the pits of despair and gives my life new meaning…God! Who showers me with good things and crowns me in love and compassion? Only my God can do that….

Stop and meditate on all of God’s acts of love and compassion. Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians has a message for us all…Pray that the eyes of your heart will be opened to the inheritance you have as God’s child.
Close your eyes and imagine Him standing before you, arms outstretched and encouraging you to come to Him. As you walk toward Him you can feel the weight of your burdens falling away from your shoulders, and your steps get lighter. A beautiful picture, isn’t it?

If you are struggling with discouragement Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28.
The promise of rest is very enticing so let go of your discouragement and go to Him…the way I see it we are never alone. God is always there.






Comments

Popular Posts