Showers of Blessing

     Each week, as I write my church bulletin, I find myself seeking God more and more.  After several years of doing a weekly bulletin, I sometimes believe that I have said all I have to say.  The devil often puts doubt in my mind.  It’s as if I can hear his evil voice speaking to me “Why do you write that bulletin every week? You know the people in that church are tired of reading it and the things you write they know it all, anyhow.  Your testimony is no greater than theirs and its time you left the writing to the professionals.  On top of that, you never know exactly where to use the comma!”
     I know some of those thoughts are true. My testimony is no better than that of anyone else. Some of you have a beautiful story to share. However, deep within my heart, I know that God created me with a certain amount of talent for the gift of chatter. He gave us all something we can do best and mine is to write.  Most of us have been blessed beyond measure with showers of blessings that are multiplied even greater when we share them with others. Life is not easy for any of us and I feel that right now we must reach the world in every way we can...
     So let me say; “workers of the churches, Sunday school teachers, deacons, financial board members,  members in general, and none more so than the Pastors, we are all going to get attacked by the evil one.  Sometimes in ways we are not aware of until we have fallen into his snares. There is no excuse for any of us to be hurtful and disrespectful to each other. Let us never be guilty of tearing any person down, rather, let it be our daily prayer that we can lift someone up; brighten their day with a gentle word and a warm handclasp. Throw in a smile and offer to pick up part of their heavy load. Never let it be said that YOU did one solitary thing to give the devil a boost.   
And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; and there shall be showers of blessing... Ezekiel 34-26.
So there, Devil… take that as a punch in the nose.  Is this post professionally written?  No, but I believe it will be understood with misplaced commas and all. That is the way I see it...

Have a great day in the Lord,
Mary Frances King
There shall be showers of blessing, this is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing, sent from the Savior above,
Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need; Mercy-drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead...

There shall be showers of blessing, 
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we're confessing, 
        Now as on Jesus we call! 
Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need; 
Mercy-drops round us are falling, but for the showers we plead~
    ~An old hymn~

Comments

Popular Posts