God Sings!!!

I am amazed at the treasures I find in the Bible!  Did you know that God sings?  Not only does He sing, but also I am the reason why He sings.  You are too!  That is so amazing to me.  I ran across this verse quite by accident.  I suppose you might say I stumbled on it.  I was searching through my Bible trying to find a chapter and verse that would lead to a devotional for my Church bulletin. I found a beautiful verse and it goes like this: 
            The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love; He will joy over thee with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17...How about that! 

The Lover of my soul cares so much about me that He bursts into singing over me today.  What a wonderful thing to think about; God, singing a song to me.  I put my Bible down and opened my heart to God…Lord, make your song come alive for me today, I prayed.  I sat there for a while, waiting…Then, my ear tuned in to the little birds outside singing their happy song.  Was this the answer to my prayer?  Here on a dreary winter day, God sent me a song through the voice of a little bird.... What a joy!  I didn’t understand the words, but I got the message… and that was good enough for me.

God’s word is full of precious jewels just like that one.  If we live to be a hundred-years-old, we will continue to find those shining nuggets of truth and wisdom for the first time.  Each day can be a thrilling treasure hunt.  

Let us be honest…Do we often take the time in our Bible reading to find one of these nuggets? Or do we grab up the Bible and read a few verses of the same scripture we have read repeatedly? Maybe some of our favorite scripture, however, to really go exploring we often fall short. 

God loves music. I have already told you He sings to us, and He tells the whole world to sing to Him.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye earth; make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.  Sing unto the Lord with harps; and the voice of a psalm. With trumpets and sound of cornet, make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King.
    Let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Let the floods clap their hands; let the hills be joyful together. 
Psalm 98:4-8
            


        If God sends me a new song through the voice of a beautiful songbird...What more will He do for me. That is the way I see it!!!
       Lord, I praise You. 




Walk with God,
Mary Frances King                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Comments

Popular Posts