Beside Still Waters








Great peace  have they which love law: and nothing shall offend them…Psalm 119:165


Through my faith, I have no doubt that Christ created me to be happy. So how could I doubt that He will give me all I need to live life to the fullest? I give thanks for the blessings I already have and get ready for the new ones He has planned for my future.
I give thanks for all the beauty that surrounds me. However, I must confess, the human side of me sometimes comes to the surface and I find myself struggling to feel peace in my life. Struggles do come in our world from time to time. Satan has a way of catching us off guard and plants his seeds of doubt and discontent in our hearts and mind. He steals our joy!
It is in these times of turmoil and distress we look for moments of comfort and peace by gazing at a snow-capped mountain, stroll through a beautiful flower garden, or go outside on a star-filled summer night and try to count how many stars are spread across the Milky Way.   
In the quiet moments of prayer, I can reflect on this truth: “God in me is my strength.” With this thought  I can stop myself from being caught up in a whirlwind of confusion that surrounds me and declare that God is all the wisdom I need and my decisions for my life are based on His divine guidance. It is with this in mind He leads me beside still waters…to a place of peace.

“He leads me beside still waters,somewhere in the valley below.
He draws me aside to be tested and tried, but in the valley He restoreth my soul.”

Mary Frances King

Comments

Popular Posts